Jewelry making

Like most women, I like things that are pretty and sparkly, so it comes to no surprise that I love jewelry. Moreover as I am not allergic to any "cheap" material (just allergic to gold, go figure :o) ), I can easily wear colourful fantasy earrings, necklaces and the like.

I had been looking at beads and crystals before but I didn't know how to start. So, I bought myself a book, the basic materials and set to work.

For the last two nights, I have been assembling basic necklaces, earrings and brooches (see the pictobrowser below) and I am quite pleased with the final results. I gave the small blue necklace away to a colleague because I miscalculated the lenth of the cable and it ended up being a real choker for me :o). The people I showed my makings to seemed to like what I made, but maybe they were just being polite.

Anyway, I also bought a few new books yesterday to make some jewelry using swarovski delicas and there are amazing pieces explained in it. I'd like to start marking those, but I think I'd better work my way up gradually : you cannot drive a F1 car, if you cannot properly ride a bike, right?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "Jewelry making"

  1. emve says:
    26 October 2008 at 11:04

    I just wanted to let you know that you are the winner of my little giveaway! :o)

Copyright 2009 Ceinwyn's corner
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates