Bento fever



As I was speaking of my Japan-mania, this is another example of it : bento's.

The first time I saw a bento for real, I was shocked by the tinyness of it. I read before that they were an ideal means to do some portion control and I knew that Japanese have really tiny meals (even Mc Donald's burgers are way smaller than in Europe I have been told), but still ... these are really small :o)

I ordered my first bento on e-bay direct import from Japan and yesterday, I had my second bento delivered right into my mailbox, directly from New Orleans by care of nolagirl. I was really spoiled by her on this swap as you can see on the picture : 2 bentos, eggmolds, a matching bag, chopsticks, cuttlery and mini sauce bottles. And to top it all, in one of my favourite colours, yellow.



I just have to try to make real bento food now. I already bought myself a book on the subject, just have to jump in at the deep end now :o)
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "Bento fever"

  1. Par says:
    9 June 2008 at 20:26

    Yup yup...
    real bento...I would love to learn how to make those nice looking food in a work of art but mean time I just put whatever I want to eat in my bento boxes.

Copyright 2009 Ceinwyn's corner
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates